Toro welded deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bill Davis, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

I was driving by the Toro dealer here in Little Rock and i thought i saw a Zmaster parked outside with a welded deck. Was i just imagining things? I still wouldn't buy one because the dealer is not too nice but i did think this was an approvement over the stamped deck.
    P.S. My Lazer ZHP 52 23Kaw. Is still better than any Toro ZTR I have seen yet:)

HOWARD JONES LawnSite Member

Maybe you should look at the machines in detail before knocking them. It is also a violation of the posting guidelines to knock a machine you have no experience with. Since Toro bought Exmark, the larger machines are virtually identical except in deck design. Toro and Exmark do have 2 very different approaches to baffling as well as spindle design. The welded deck you saw would be on the machines slightly larger than yours, 52 62 or 72 inch decks.
  3. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

I wasn't knocking the Toro at all. I said that i thought the stamped deck is not as strong and will not hold up as well as the welded exmark deck. And i do have experience with Toro. I dont know how you got that i had no experience with them out of what i said. I ran a 52" hydro for 2 years for a company and i didn't like it. Of course the machine was old and abused but i didn't like the way we were treated by the dealer and now that i have my own business i talk to other LCO's and they also said to avoid this dealer and that means i avoid Toro because they are the only dealer of Toro commercial equipment.