Toro - why no t-bar on a hydro floater w/b?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bwilder10h, May 18, 2006.

1. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

Why do they not offer the T-bar on their floating hydro w/b's?

I was looking at their website and they show a t-bar available, but with a 'classic' 15hp Kohler :rolleyes:
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I find it kind of strange as well, if I had the extra money, I would pay for a T-bar hydro just so I don't have to fool with belts... Granted, that's the only benefit but to some it is worth it.

Toro sees things different because if you have a T-bar, belt-drive is fine and you don't need a hydro.

I wouldn't know for sure, it would seem to make sense to build a Wb that combines the best of both worlds ... :confused:

I hear say they will sell you one if you ask the dealer, they order it but I've also heard a T-bar hydro is a strange beast to operate... Dunno why, that's just what they said, that it feels strange.

I don't quite get it, but all I've ever owned are T-bar gear-driven Wb's and I'm ok with that, I've learned to accept Toro is a bit of a unique company.
  3. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

I've got a 44" floating gear w/b with the t-bar and it's a great machine (deck could be better designed to mulch) but my only real gripe is the belts. The lower maintenance hydros would be better for me.

I've been looking at the Exmark TT with ECS, but need to demo one. Can't imagine it being as good as the T-bar...