1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

TORO will not start

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mikai, Jun 19, 2013.

1. mikai

mikai LawnSite Member

I've got an 2005 TORO Zmaster 60" and I cannot get it to start.

I have power but will not start. Can any one give me any ideas on how to check the safety switches correectly. Thought it was the brake switch but after replacing it still no luck. Key switch was replaced this year also. The seat switch apears to be working but do not know how to check it electronically. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance:dancing:

2. taxidermist

taxidermist LawnSite Member

I assume you mean will not crank? If so you need to find all the safety switches and make sure the test out ok with a ohm meter.

Places to look.

one on each handle
    Brake
    seat
    make sure your pto is off

Rob

3. taxidermist

taxidermist LawnSite Member

4. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Odds are pretty good it's either a fuse, pto switch messing up, or the module under the panel in front. How many hours on it? We have had this problem several times....does it click when you turn it on? A second click or any noise when you go from "on" to "start" position?

5. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Is it old enough that you can jump the solenoid? Try that.

6. mikai

mikai LawnSite Member

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the solution. It was a bad PTO switch. SHe's back to running and cutting.:clapping:

7. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Yup.....figured.....glad u got it fixed!! Did you do it yourself?

8. mikai

mikai LawnSite Member

Got help from my nephew. He works in a local shop where I bought my last mower from. Good to know people. He was working on it while I was cutting.

9. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Yup....be nice and help others out...you never know when you might need a hand yourself.......Glad you got it taken care of.