Toro with striping kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, Jun 28, 2005.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering if anyone has a picture of a toro with a turbo force that has a striping kit? And do any of you no if you have to sacrifice you anti scalp wheels to use one? I just ordered one and am curious.

2. ToroLandscaper

And the reason i ask if i have to give up the anti scalp wheel is becouse i saw a pic on ebay for a striping kit on a 60 Lazer and you have to take the back anti scalp wheels off to mount it.......

3. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

from what I remember Toro uses a Rubber Flap that bolts to the back of the deck.. You need to drill way to many holes in the deck.... I didnt think Toro actually made roller kit..

I bolted up a Exmark kit to my old turbo force deck... The bolt pattern is the same you just need to add 1 inch or 1.25 inch spacers and longer bolts

4. ToroLandscaper

The one i ordered is a roller

5. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

if its the roller than you will probably have to take the anti scalp wheels off... But you will replace them with one large anti scalp wheel along the back....

6. ToroLandscaper

So you think with the roller it wont scalp badly becouse that is what im worried about i bought first and thought later lol about 30 min after i ordered it i began to think.........

7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

It shouldn't be a problem... How much did it run you?

8. ToroLandscaper

150.00$ not that bad
    i just hope its worth it but if its not i didnt throw away that much money.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Odin, god rest his soul, used an aftermarket roller of some sorts that bolted to the anti-scalp mounts on the back of his Turbo Force deck. If I remember correctly it was sorta brass colored like the hardware on many mowers. Anyways, he got great results with his.