Toro Z 100 deck leveling

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by hmorgan911, Mar 13, 2004.

1. hmorgan911

hmorgan911 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Hey guys, I have a question. I have a new Toro Z 100. I am just a homeowner and new to Zero Turn and commercial type machines. When I picked up my mower from the dealer, they said it had been through make ready and was ready to go. 1) It looked like a last years floor model that had sat outside for a while. 2) When I get it home and start mowing with, I didn't think it was cutting that well. The deck is about 1 inch lower in the front than in the back. When I started looking through my books, I didn't even have an owners manual. So until I can get back up there, can someone please shed some light on the leveling issue for me? Thanks, Huck.

2. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well the front is supposed to be lower than the back, but your side to side could be off.

3. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

My bad, the front is supposed to be lower than the back but only by 1/4". I thin the way you level it is the springs on the side, but I don't know how to.

4. hmorgan911

from Texas

Thanks, I downloaded an owners manual off the Toro site. I also called the service manager at the dealer. They are going to pick it up on Monday and fix it. I appreciate the response. Huck.

5. hmorgan911

from Texas

Thanks, I downloaded an owners manual off the Toro site. I also called the service manager at the dealer. They are going to pick it up on Monday and fix it. I appreciate the response. Huck.