Toro Z 100 experience?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by BarnOwl, Feb 10, 2005.

1. BarnOwl

BarnOwl LawnSite Member

I was going to buy a new Simplicity Consumer Z for my 2 acre property when I saw a second hand Toro Z 100 with the 48 deck and the Kawasaki 17 hp engine.

I think I will buy this machine because it looks a lot heavier build than the Simplicity and I can get a really good deal trading in my old mower. The Toro has only 73 hrs on the clock.

I could not find much postings on this particular machine in these forums. I was wondering if anybody wants to share his experience with this mower.

Furthermore I am curious how you all clean your decks. Do you hose it every mowing turn? And is it easy to take the deck off for maintenance?
    I saw the extra stand Toro opts for lifting the deck. Is this useful or is it just as easy to drive the front up a couple of ramps to get there.

And how about the experience with the FSF blades and the Recycler deck?

If there is anybody out there with this experience I would greatly appreciate any comments here........... :)

I love this forum........glad I found it! :cool:

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this a actual Z Master, or is a Timecutter ZX?

3. BarnOwl

BarnOwl LawnSite Member

This is an actual Z Master, Here is a link to the exact machine I'm talking about.

Even better, I attached a photo of the Toro I am about to purchase.

Attached Files:

4. Fishin LCO

Fishin LCO LawnSite Member
    from NC

I have 2003 toro Z100 44". I am very pleased with my machine but it is the only proffesional Z I have ever owned. It is not suppose to be very good at mulching because of the shallow deck. What kind of price are they offering?

5. BarnOwl

BarnOwl LawnSite Member

Unfortunately these machines are a lot more expensive here than in the US. The newprice of the smallest Z100 with the 44" deck (Correction on the first post) is about € 10.000 here.......

I can get this one for € 6500 (Trade-in included I will pay 4300) It's a 2002 model with 73 hrs. Not a demo, but a homeowner traded it in again for a more powerful diesel.

This is another concern, will it be powerful enough? I am a residential mower that will probably be mowing 1 hour a week on a pretty rough lawn with part orchard, part flowerbeds between 60 inch grass paths and trees.

I have been mowing the last 6 years with a second hand Shibaura 14 hp diesel (Little tractor model with 48" deck between the wheels) It took me about 3 hrs doing everything. I had to mow the flowergarden with a little push motormower cause the tractor couldn't make the 90 degree turns. This should not be a problem with the zero turn I imagine..........

6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had a fair amount of expirience with Z Masters and they have always worked out pretty good for the most part.

7. BarnOwl

BarnOwl LawnSite Member

I did it! This morning I had a look at the Toro and I bought it! I am really happy with this and I can't wait till it is delivered (Hopefully next week) It is a bit early in the season for mowing yet but I hardly can wait to get going.

The machine looks like new and the Kawasaki runs very smoothly.

Mowing is going to be fun again...........:cool2:

Thanks for the comments...... :)