Toro Z "44 Commercial Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by frank's lawncare, Jun 29, 2003.

1. frank's lawncare

frank's lawncare LawnSite Member
    from PA

I WAS LOOKING AT THE TORO Z MASTER WITH THE "44 DECK AND THE 17 HP KAWSAKI MOTOR AT MY LOCAL DEALER AND HE HAD A USED TORO Z MASTER THERE THAT HE WAS SELLING FOR SOMEONE BECAUSE THE GUY WANTED THE THE BIGGER TORO Z WITH THE 62" DECK BUT BUT TO GET TO THE STORY IT ONLY HAD 14 HOURS ON IT AND IS IN MINT AND HE HAD A TRAC VAC ON IT THAT HE SAID HE PAID 2,500 AND 7,200 FOR THE MOWER SO HE SAID THE WANTD 6,000 FOR IT AND I GOT HIM DOWN TO 5,500 WHAT DOES EVERY ONE THINK ABOUT THE HOLE SYSTEM OR IS THE MOTOR JUST TO SMALL OR THE VAC JUST NOT THAT GREAT PLEASE HELP I HAVE GOT TO GIVE THIS GUY AN ANSWER IN 2 DAYS.

THANKS,

2. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

Personally i don't cut with any deck less than 52" but that sounds like a good price with the bagging system, I know a pro cutter that uses a Toro 62 z-master with a Preco vac and his yds are Awesome, they look like golfcoarse greens, the dude is one heck of a grass cutter..........Marks Mowing Service

3. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Might be too much load on that engine with the trac vac. See if you can take it out and try it on some real lawns.

I think 44"/17hp units were selling for $5999 this winter/early spring.