Toro Z-500 27hp Kohler all the bells and whistles 225hrs(Chicago Suburbs)

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by FERT-TEK, Apr 4, 2007.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Getting out of the maintenance business and concentrating on fert and squirt. Price just reduced to sell quickly. I have a Toro Z500 package with 225hrs and a Gator-Rator aerator attachment.
    The mower has the following features, 52" deck (turboforce deck) 27hp Kohler with the pre-filter air canister, six sets of extra blades including one set of Meg-Mos, mulch kit, Big League Lawns striping kit, OCDC, suspension seat. NO mechanical problems, the unit received its yearly service each spring and was greased regularly. Call me with any questions, phone number is in my avitar. I will deliver or meet you half way, within reason if that helps. Asking $6500.00 for the unit and aerator, $5500 for mower alone and $1250.00 for aerator attachment if sold separately. This setup cost me over $10000 when new.

The aerator attaches to the front of the mower by a mounting bracket similar to a hitch and uses an electric screw Jack to raise and lower the unit in seconds. This aerator was a great money maker and will pay for itself in a single season and will be a great addition to any full service operation.

Call me at 630-841-2988 with any question or additional pictures.

Toro Gator-rator-2 Pics 002.jpg

2. bladelawn

bladelawn LawnSite Member

how far is bartlett from chicago??

3. FERT-TEK

About 30 minutes west of Chicago and about 45 minutes east of Rockford.

4. FERT-TEK

I just checked where Andover MN is located. If interested I could meet you in Madison WI for delivery. Madison is about 2 1/2 hrs from where I live. I would be glad to deliver to there for a $1.00 / mile. From my home its 123 miles according to mapquest.

5. bladelawn

bladelawn LawnSite Member

Thanks for the offer. That might be a possibility. I will let you know...

6. FERT-TEK

Bladelawn, I am also a fulll time firefighter on duty today 4-5-2007 so I may not be able to do much today if you have questions. PM me with your e-mail address and I can send additional pictures tomorrow if you like.

I may also sell my Permagreen Ultra to upgrade to the Magnum if you are also interested. That is still in storage and I dont have any pics of that right now.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Hi Dave,
    I am still hanging tough with maintenance but your idea of fert and squirt is becoming more and more appealing. Who manufactures that aerator and how much was it new? I may be interested in it but I also have some things to sell. I already have a Toro Z but if I didn't I would be coming down to get the whole set up.
    Judging from your schedule, it looks like you drew the Easter shift unless you got a kelly day. We have been steady but not real busy lately but the nice weather makes the nuts come out.
    Also, what has your experience been overall with the Permagreen. I am thinking of a Magnum also as my fert end has increased to larger properties and I am getting "old" to walk 2 acres. Stay safe and let me know about that aerator.
    Ed

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

What a dummy I should have read a little better Gator rator. I have family in Geneva and Algonquin. Take care.

9. FERT-TEK

Yes it is a GatorRator and I paid around $2250.00 new. It is two seasons old but I problably did 20 jobs with it. It performed better than I expected but will not need it for the couple of mow jobs I am keeping. I plan on downgrading to a good walk behind and fert and squirt my way into retirement. HAHA!!!

Regarding my schedule I took Easter off as one of my first vacation picks. Let me know if you are interested in the aerator. If sold seperately $1250.00 is my price. Also I didn't advertise this but if I am successful in selling the mower and or aerator I am also going to sell my PG Ultra to upgrade to a Magnum. Have not set a price for the PG but it will be in the $3000 range. If I dont re-invest the $$$ it will just disappear.

10. FERT-TEK

Bump this post. Just trying to get a little more exposure. Certainly someone out there is looking for a zero turn.