Toro Z Master 100

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jefft, May 2, 2004.

1. Jefft

Jefft LawnSite Member

I just purchased a Toro Z Master 100 Ztr 20hp Kohler with a 44 " deck. I will be installed a Qwickchute on the unit and was wondering what would be the best blades for 95% mulching and a little bit of side discharging. Thanks

2. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same mower. It came with TORO ATOMIC blades. I used them and thought they were lousy. I ended up buying ExMark blades and that solved the cut quality problem. I don't mulch anything - always side discharge.

Mike

3. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Jefft
    Your QwickChute will not turn your Toro into a mulching mower. You will need to purchase a mulch kit for the 44" SFS deck and install it each time you want to mulch a yard. SFS deck is designed as a 'side discharge' unit which moves the clippings from chamber to chamber then out the discharge chute with as little recutting of the clippings as possible (Super Flow System). If you plan on 'mulching' 95% of the time then forget the QwickChute and purchase the mulch kit that will fit your Toro. As far as blades I prefer Gator Magnums (but I do not know if they are made for a 44" deck).

BobR