Toro Z Master 355, Did I get ripped???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by triadncman, Apr 11, 2004.

1. triadncman

triadncman LawnSite Member

Last season a local dealer was selling a used Toro 355 on consignment. w/ 872 hours. At the time I was worried I would need a rider if I picked up larger jobs. This year im realizing that I should have just went with 2 walk behinds. The only reason i would use this mower is for larger bagging jobs, other wise I can actually mow faster with a W/B. I paid $3900 for the mower. It has been a good mower, aside from the usual complaints for this unit ( loud and not a spectacular cut on higher settings) otherwise it has performed well. I have Only put 30 hours on the machine, it now has 902 hours.

Im wondering did i get taken to the cleaners on this mower. If I were to try to sell it now and get a decent W/B would I be able to ask 3000 - 3500 for it. If I couldnt get that much I would be better off just using it. Thanks in advance for your responses.

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

You should have no trouble getting that much for the machine. If I had not just bought a new one I would be on the way to see you with a check right now.

3. triadncman

Thanks for the response. Thats good to know. If I can get that kind of value from it, and turn it into a nice W/B I will be a happy camper.

4. triadncman

take this back to the top