Toro Z Master Bagger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by double e, May 1, 2003.

1. double e

double e LawnSite Member

I bag a couple of yards with a Scag- Can't justify buying a 2nd bagging mower- Was thinking of buying a bagging unit for my 52" Toro Z- mid mount

How are the baggers that Toro manufactures?
    How much are they?

This is just a backup- out of about 160 yards we are only bagging 11- can justify buying aanother 10 G mower

2. ODIN

ODIN Guest

When i was still in a partnership with my brothers we had the dfs bagger.That thing sucked as bad as the zmaster itself did.That thing weighed a ton .Weighed the machine down.And it didnt do a very good job either.

3. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

This pic is of the Z Master a LCO has in town, I think the bagger that's on that thing is the vacuum type, because it looks like there is an air filter on the top. It must be heavy, because they have the weight kit on the front too.

bk 002.jpg

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Just a thought- would a large side catcher possibly work for you? Accelerator makes a nice lightweight large catcher that looks very nice. More expensive than a regular side catcher but I probably worth it, and also alot less than a vac catcher. Maybe it would work for you for the amount of bagging you need to do?

Accelerator Website

5. ODIN

ODIN Guest

the thing on top aint no filter its the fan .They put the fan on top of the thing .Thats the same bagger we had,the fan draws in the dbree without passing though the fan.

6. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

The bagger pictured is the clam shell type which opens in half to dump. It is about $400 more (canadian) than the twin soft bag kit.

I have the twin bagger on my 44 inch Z-master w/17 HP Kawi.

The kit was redesigned last year. It is VERY well built and easy to remove the bags to dump. It rarely plugs, and if it does, it is easy to clear from the operators seat. Just pull the tube out of the cover over the bags, reach in, push debris out of opening and away you go.

The kit needs some king of strip added to keep leaves from blowing out between the hood and the top of the bags because that blower moves LOTS of air.

Overal, I lihe the kit, but the 17 HP is a little weak for running the blower. If I could buy the machine again, I would get the 25 Kawi, ort get a trac vac.

My dealer is trying to fing out if Toro is doing anything to help seal up the bagger's plastic hood.

If you have any other questions, just post and I will be glad to share,

Adam

7. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

So does the clamshell pack grass clippings well?

8. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know about the clamshell. i have never used one.

My choice was based on debris handleing needs. The grass and leaves go in the truch, so the soft bagger is easy to use and packs real nice and full.

My dealer told me that the clamshell was an older exmark design.

Adam