Toro Z Master Opinions PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TxLawn, Sep 4, 2006.

1. TxLawn

TxLawn LawnSite Member

I have a chance to buy a 02 Z Master with 700 hrs for 2,800. It has a 17 hp Kawasaki and a 44" sfs deck. Has been garaged kept and appears to be in good shape. This mower is referred to a Z147 model. Is this a good price for a 02? I would appreciate any opinions on this mower as I will have to act fast. I think new it is about 6,000. I will be using this to mow my 1/2 acre that is flat. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. TxLawn

TxLawn LawnSite Member

Anybody Awake?

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Hey there, I have an 05 toro Z with the 19hp and 44sfs.

I would NOT get that one, because even with a 19, its too weak of an engine for that mower.

A 17 would be worse, I assume you would be cutting St. Augustine and Bermuda grass, also mulching too?

Thats what I do with this mower and I am always wishing for more power.

Anyways good luck on mowers, and Toro is by far one of the better brands out there, the cut is superb. I have had great customer help and not a single problem with my machine yet.

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

thats a good price but i agree its not enough hp. my 01 has been quite reliable and has 1450 hrs on it .mine has a 23 hp koler. this hp engine is just right for my 44 deck

5. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm running a Z-449 with a 19 hp Kaw. and a 52" turbo force deck and I have never felt as if the mower was underpowered.

6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

It probably could use a bit more horsepower, but the demands for horsepower in a homeowner situation are not as critical as in a professional's situation .If the mower has been maintained properly by the previous owner, 2800 is not a bad price. Maintain the machine properly, and you probably have a mower that will be prowlin the turf on you're half acre, for many years to come.