Toro Z-Master or Exmark Lazer Z HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TPLawnPro, Oct 15, 2006.

1. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Ok. I am now on a mission to purchase a mid-mount Z. I am looking at either the:

Toro Z-Master
    48" Turbo Force Deck
    Kawasaki 23hp

vs.

Exmark Lazer Z Hp
    50" Triton Deck
    23 HP Kawasaki

Both seem to be great machines. I am a big fan of Exmark, but recently visited a shop that carries TORO commercial Z's.

Do any of you that own either machine know how much $$$ either one of these mowers cost? Since both machines seem so similar in features, with the exception of their mowing decks, pricing and LawnSite opinions will be what determines my decision.

It seems as though $6,799 is the going price for LCO's on the Toro, but I'm not too sure about the Exmark. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

jump over to the exmark site for msrp on the hp ,i know you really want to buy now but i would hold off and wait for the 07. exmark is changing the triton deck baffling to help it perform better alot of people are not to happy with the 06 model.do a search and you can read some of the posts

3. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

I am the distributor rep for SE Louisiana Exmark dealers. Feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help with your questions. Also, contact any of our dealers and they will give you current pricing. We can also set up a demo for you as well. Don't be concerned about the 06 Triton. It has done extrememly well for our area.

4. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I own a Exmark lazer HP 50" Triton with a 27 hp Kohler.
    I my self was also looking Toro with other mowers and the reason I decided on the exmark was I needed more HP then the was looking to offer, either way I know you will be please there both great mowers (Toro owners exmark).
    And with you being in the south you shouldn't have the same problem the boys up north are having with the Triton system.

GOOD LUCK AND DEMO DEMO DEMO!!!!!!

5. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks to all of you for the replies. You all can sure keep them coming though.

I believe that the Toro Z-Master 23/48 and the Exmark Lazer Z HP 23/50 are going to really take off down here next season, if not already.

If anyone has any further information to provide, regarding any experiences with either of these products, it will be most appreciated.

EX: The Toro Z-Master - (Z-453) has adjustable baffle control. Is there truly any benefit? Does Exmark provide such an option?

EX: Which deck seems to mulch better in thick grass, yet leave the better result? Can you even tell a difference in performance between the two decks; meaning the Toro TurboForce deck or Exmark's Triton?

EX: Based on your personal opinion and experiences with either machine, which one seems to hold up better overall?

6. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

1. Yes the Toro dose have the adjusting baffle BUT if you are mulching and not discharging the baffle is obsolete and removed to install the mulching kit. The baffle is MUCH easer adjust on the Toro two cam locks, The Exmark is two 15mm bolts.

2. Turbo vs Triton, I personal thing is opinion at this point and type of grass you are cutting.

3. Toro owners Exmark, IF you buy the Toro you just purchaser a Exmark with a black frame and a different name, now your looking at deck differences, Turbo is a 1/2" smaller then the Triton but not having the same cutting problems (up north only it seams) other are having.

Please remember this is just my 2 cents. DEMO!! is the best way to know what is best for you, I personal think the Triton "like" more HP then the Turbo.

OK Envy you can chime in now