Toro Z Master Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oleo, Sep 9, 2003.

1. oleo

oleo LawnSite Member

Was curious what a 2000 Toro Z Master (320 hrs) 17hp, 44" Deck and turbo ultra vac is worth? Guy in my area is trying to sell it and is asking $4400. What do you think? Good Deal?

2. oleo

oleo LawnSite Member

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the replies.

3. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

If you're going to buy a ZTR get at least a 48"- 52" deck and 23 or more HP. A ZTR with 17 HP is bit under powered in my opinion. That HP is more suited to a walk behind. The 44" deck is also a bit small for a ZTR.

As far as price is concerned I think $4400 is too much for that unit. I would think $3500-$3800 would be more like it. Either way if you are going to buy it, I would have it thorughly checked out by a Toro dealer. JMO.

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you can live w/ not being able to cut tall thick wet grass as fast, the 17hp will suffice, but 20hp is better. I had a 18hp 48" lazer hp and now have a 23hp on a similar unit. Difference? Yes. But only when pushed into tough stuff. You'll have to decide what that's worth.

44" decks have their places. Get in gates better. Handle rolling terrain and uneven spots better. They're just a little slower on all-out wide area mowing. Makes a small difference on tiny lawns, if any, and a big one on big lawns.

I sold a toro 4 y/o 48" 18/hp for $3500 with 1050 hours. extrapolate value from that. Just make sure youre mower works well and has no problems. Lots of dog mowers are sold because the owner has picked up on a flaw of operation he doens't like and that you'll have to live with now.