Toro Z Master

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tulsa Lawn Guy, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Tulsa Lawn Guy

Tulsa Lawn Guy LawnSite Member

Hey gang...

I've been a member here for a while... this is my first post though.

I would like to use the feature that lawnsite provides to sell used equipment, but I had a question to those 'in the know' first.

I have a 2003 Toro Z with a 27hp Kohler (air cooled) and 60" deck with 50hrs. and in excellent condition. I simply don't need this size machine any more and would like to sell it.

Any advice on what the mower would be worth? I paid $8,900 (with tax) out the door in June.

Thanks for the help!

Ryan

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Mowers depreciate very quickly so I would say around $7000 would be a good price for it.

3. Tulsa Lawn Guy

Wow..

That's a bit lower than I had figured. (Depriciates $1,900 in 50 hrs?)

Thanks for the input though...

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Well I guess I was wrong. I really don't know for sure what its worth but around $7500 sounds a little better the more I think about it but again I dn't really know for sure.

5. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

I will not pretend to know your business but why dont you take it back to the dealer you bought it from and have them appraise it for you. You might be better off to trade it in on a piece (or pieces) of equipment you can use. If all else fails you will at least know the book value for your machine and can adjust your sale price from there.

BobR

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

$6,000 to 6,400 tops!

If you shop around for brand new 2005 Toro Z500 series w/60" Turbo Force Deck and 27hp Kolher, you'll find you can buy them all day long for $7,400....

Sorry to be the one to deliver the bad news :(

7. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What? Were? Not here.

With only 50 hr's it would be worth about $7800-8000 or so would seem fair to me. I mean it's practically brand new.

8. Tulsa Lawn Guy

Thanks for the posts guys...

I just talked with the dealer.. He said it's worth $8,000... I would take less though just to get rid of it...

Anyway... thanks for the ideas!

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well I doubt you'll get 8k but I hope you do have good luck in getting what you need for it.

Is it equipped with a 60" Turbo Force Deck or a 62" SFS?

IF it was the 60" and we lived closer I'd offer you a trade for a new 48" ZTR I picked up last month. I'm afraid I might end up in the opposite situation from you for next season.

10. Tulsa Lawn Guy

It's got the 60" Turbo Force Deck...

I couldn't trade though.. sorry. :)