Toro Z max

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hogjaw, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

Loaded on trailer and pulled park break up and engine died. Engine will not turn over. Both handles are in out position.

Anybody have a clue?

2. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

well i know on the deere i demoed the park brake had to be off before starting. hope that helps

3. Hogjaw

Brake has to be on............safety feature

4. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

hmm idk then sorry.

on the deere you had to have the park brake off to start it. i think it was so people didnt drive it with the brake on idk.

5. Hogjaw

Don't need a park brake IF YOU can drive with it on.

That's the purpose of a PARK BRAKE (prevents vehicle from moving)....duhhhhhh:cool2:

6. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

If parking brake is on and it's still not starting, make sure the connectors didn't come off the lever safety switches. Check all connections, particularly grounds.

7. Hogjaw

Damn, I was beginning to think I was losing it until I got your response.

Their plugged in to back of switch.

Thanks for an educated and rational response.

Take care.

8. tb8100

from TX

lol, take everything on here with one, maybe two grains of salt. Just thought I'd give a couple of suggestions. I see this from time to time on mowers and it's always something simple. The PTO switch is brand new, so make sure it's turning off all the way and not staying partially up. It's either a loose safety switch not plugged in all the way or I've even seen safety wire connectors not crimped right causing a bad connection, battery wires loose, starter wires loose, and even a harness ground going to the block was loose on one the other day. As a dealer, I see it all pretty much (and I'm not even one of the technicians!) :waving:

9. Hogjaw

Will print off your suggestions and check them out one by one. Do appreciate your indepth knowledge sharing about my problem@

Again, thanks so much.

Take care........and let's pray one of these will make it fire off tomorrow. Root Cause and Corrective Action will be forthcoming, then will both know

Thanks again:hammerhead:.

10. tb8100

from TX

Cool, keep us posted!