1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro "Z" Stand

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scott Campbell, Jan 22, 2001.

1. Scott Campbell

Scott Campbell LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone out there had purchased a 200 series Z master yet with the "Z" stand feature? If you have, I would like to hear some feedback on it. Does it seem to work pretty well? Does it give you enough room to work?

By appearances, it looks like a great accessory.
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Also, how do you get the stand under the deck?
  3. Scott Campbell

Scott Campbell LawnSite Member

From what I have seen at the dealer, and in the literature, it mounts right onto the front frame. It folds down when you want to jack up, then you drive forward to pop the front end up. Then back up to drop down. Just like a trailer jack, I guess. I haven't seen it actually done yet. All the hardware is on the front end though. There are some pictures of them on Toro's web site I believe.
  4. dylan

dylan Member
    from Ontario

IMO the crank jack on the kubota midmount is way better. I saw both in action at a local trade show. That bit of engineering is very impressive.
  5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Ill have to check into this, I just purchased a new 2000 62 Z-Master. Next time im at my dealer i will see how this jack works, and if it is worth the extra money. I have a small jack setup where i can change blades while mower is on the trailer. Marks Mowing Service
  6. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Haven't seen this yet. In the shop we use Jungle Jims Jungle Jack and on a route if we have to we prop the corner of the deck on a piece of angle that comes off the gate of the trailer. It's not the safest but it works if need be.