Toro Z153 Zmaster

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by odin, Feb 23, 2002.

1. I have a chance to pick one of these up for 5800$ with 9 hrs on i
    To me it looks like a exmark frame with a toro deck
    It has a 23 kohler and 52 inch deck.
    I have a exmark and its deck cuts great how does the SFS deck cut?
    I have no experience with toro ztr's i know a exmark 52 hp would be around 7000$ so the price sounds great .
    Does toro make a grass catcher thats spindle driven like the ultra vac on exmark?

2. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

that z master is the z200 series i believe and the price of that machine around here is close to 8 grand. i priced a 52 z100 with a 23 kawi and it was $7400 (same as an exmark 52hp). this year toro has a spindle driven catcher like exmark and a rear pto catcher that can dump from the seat. the bagger is 2 bags for the 52 and under deck and the rear pto catcher has 9 cubic ft capacity. the sfs decks discharge real well for mulching go exmark. in my area the toros are more popular for walkbehinds and about half and half for the Z's.
    ps. if you are buying this unit from a dealer then there is a toro offer up until march 31st where u get a price off the bagging units with any midmount purchase. it says up to $799 so i guess you would get about $549 off a bagger for that 52 z master.
    good luck with your toro.

3. Downeast

Downeast LawnSite Bronze Member

That engine ,deck combo are in the 1oo series. Some differences on the 2002 riders between the two . Foot asist deck lift on 48" deck and up for exmark , not for Toro . New no springs seat for Exmark , not on toro .Sealed bearings for Exmark not for Toro .Blade engagement 200 ft lbs for Exmark , 175 for Toro . I am in the market for a z and have been doing deck comparison research for the last month .E-mailed people , phoned people , lawnsite searches ,and post readings ,talked with dealers . I have come to the conclusion that the Exmark is the better deck , and that is what I am going to buy this week .The 52"23kawi hp . The Toro is not a bad deck from what I have learned , but I now believe that Exmark has the edge . That Toro would be about 7500.00 in my area . So to me that price is good .I would buy it over the Exmark on theat price break if it were me . Good luck with your new Toro .

4. Thanks chester m5 and dlandscapeing
    I know i should have done a search guess i got a little lazy