Toro Z350

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by E-man, Mar 28, 2001.

1. E-man

E-man LawnSite Member
    from PA

I demoed one today seemed like a good machine it took every hill (and then some) that my walker can. I can get it brand new for a very good price. Do any of you have or had experience with one. BTW this one has the two bladed system and the new DDS Gear Box

2. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

ttt

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

??????

4. BigEd

from MD

ttt means :To The Top its used on other forums to get a thread back at the top to get seen by more people when more info is wanted.

I also was interested in views of this machine.I was told they changed some things on it for the better,is this true??I did a search but like I said they improved it.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Ok, I see....
    I learn something new here everyday
    Thanks
    Pj

6. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

E-Man,
    As others have mentioned, do a search. We covered this in another post where I also put down my review of this unit. I went to my dealer the other day and asked if they had improved the design and flaws associated with the last few years models. He says they are fine now. I then went back to talk to his service guys(whom I buy beer for all the time for quick turn arounds) and they said they still have problems and are still getting service bulletins on them all the time. I trust them more than the dealer who wants to sell me what he wants. I wanted one of these units too. But I will probably buy another Z Master midmount and put a trac vac on it which I would prefer not to.

Mike

7. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Bought one a couple of months ago because of the great price. It was the 350 or another Walker. Very pleased with this machine, the guys like it too. I even made a few modifications to allow dumping into Walker Bags without spilling!

8. BigEd

from MD

smburgess:

How do you like it compared to a Walker?

[Edited by BigEd on 03-31-2001 at 11:54 AM]

9. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Big Ed...
    I have to say Toro has come a long way in making improvements since they first came out with this Walker knock-off a few years ago. I bought the Toro 350 for $6700.00 compared to a Walker at $9500.00, IF the Toro 350 would have been $9500.00 also, I would have bought the Walker. BUT I am very pleased with the 350, and feel I made a good decision, it seems to be a well built machine that has the features I like - as does the Walker. So far the only difference I can put my finger on is the 350 has a wider stance than the Walker, which doesn't allow AS CLOSE cutting along curving bed lines to reduce flat weedeating. BUT the 350 also seems to be a little more forgiving in making close to Z turns and not tearing turf. The cut looks good, and leaves a good looking stripe.