Toro Z400 Pro Value & Estate series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DJL50, May 20, 2006.

1. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone own the Toro Pro Z400 48" Cut? Any issues with it? How about the Z400 Estate Series? The Estate is most likely is all I need The Pro Value would be a step above. I have 2.25 A. all flat with some bumpy spots. This would be for home use.

2. Ty Webb

Ty Webb LawnSite Member

I can't answer your question directly but I have been looking for similar items. I looked a both side by side and I think I would prefer the Pro Value in the 19/52 configuration. The Pro Value has the Turbo Force deck and the Estate series does not. I thought there looked like a huge difference in deck quality. That was the reason I was considering the Pro Value. I think the model number is 74415 for the Pro Value in a 52" and 74413 in 48".

If you get one, post a review!

Ty

3. DJL50

Thanks!

Have not seen the Estate in person. The dealer and Toro spec sheet says the deck on each is made of 7Ga steel but the estate is not a turbo force. Not too sure what the difference is other than the baffle being adjustable. I am looking at the 48" because of price. $500 more for the 52" (Pro) I can get the Estate 48" for $4,999 The pro 48" for $6,100. Big difference. I just question the Pro because my Dealer and Toro says it is more mower than I need (and my dealer would have to order the Estate on top of that )

4. Ty Webb

Ty Webb LawnSite Member

The Turbo Force deck looked a heck of a lot beefier than the deck on the Estate series.

Toro seems to be a good value. I am driving myself crazy trying to find just the right mower for my 3 acres.

Ty

5. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, I have what is called the Z-449. It has a 19HP Kawasaki and I love it. I don't see anything different from other machines except for others may have more HP. However, I have never been in any turf that will bog the Kawi down yet. 19HP is really all you need for a 48" deck unless you want to run a bagger. It is built the same as a Exmark Lazer HP. This is a strong, quality built machine. I think you would really enjoy it. Hope this helps.

6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I have the same mower only with the 52" deck. I put a mulch kit on it last fall and have left it on...It works great! Was a little concerned with the 19hp engine being enough..and it has been. Even when we had alot of rain.

7. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Here are some stripes done with the mower. Note that this is a stock Turbo Force deck with no striping kit.

1234.JPG

8. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I was on the toro web site today I see they have a toro creditcard but why cant I order directly from them? They show all the merchandise but then you have to go to local dealers...

9. DJL50

Hey!

Yes! The mower is a 449. Do you have the 48" or the 52" deck? I have a 17hp Kaw. WheelHorse lawn tractor now. Must be 15 years old. I have never had a problem with the engine. EVER!!! I was reading on Kaw. web page if you buy 6 qt. of Kaw. brand oil they will cover your engine under warranty for 4 years. Bet the dealer don't know a thing about it. (they have to fill out a card for you) I am 99.9% sure I will go with this model.
    Can I ask how long you have owned yours and what you had to pay for it? Like to know what is a good deal or not.

Thanks so much for your time

10. jdlynch

jdlynch LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

DJL50,

Please note my listing in the classified section for a like new (less than 1 hour) Exmark Lazer HP 19 KAW with 46" Triton deck. I live near Louisville, KY not too far from Cincinnati.

I will consider any reasonable offers, and, yes, the warranty is transferrable.

David