Toro Z500 60" or Lazer Z 60". Can't Decide!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnfella, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Lawnfella

Lawnfella LawnSite Member

How well does the Toro stripe? How well are the stamped Turbo Force decks built? Does the offset on the deck make a funny looking stripe? I like the greasable spindles on the Toro and I can get the Toro a little cheaper. Will one cut better than the other?

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I would think demo both of them and see what one you like.

3. perfectlawncare

perfectlawncare LawnSite Member

Toro all the way!! I have both and the new Turbo Force deck will cut better than any mower I have used. I have tried most of them out there.

4. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 new Toros with the 60" Turbo Force deck and I am very impressed with the quality of cut and the striping. I don't have a striping kit on mine and don't know if one will help much but I will try one in the spring and let you all know.

5. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I to was undecided,then I decided TORO.........Then I met Hustler SUPER Z,it came with greasable spindle bearings and a suspintion seat and a oil cooler for less money and better fiananceing.....love it :waving: ......howener I am not downplaying TORO or Ex-MARK,they are all good machines :waving:

6. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I thought about both... I actually was going to get the exmark lazer z but backed out of the deal and went with the toro.

7. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

so, still peeking in the garage every night & day. spring can't get here soon enough. :D

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Go for the super z. Hydro oil cooler with cooling fans for cooler oil, larger pumps and motors, suspension seat, 15 mph and at a good price you can't go wrong.

9. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

You betcha. I occasionally sit on it and make some engine sounds. :p

10. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

I was having the same trauma, but ended up getting the Toro as well. Came down to price. Z557 27/60.
    Chris