1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro Z500 Deck Decisions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Laner, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed two Toro Z500 series mowers yesterday, one was the entry level Z500 (model 74292) with the 7 GA 60 inch deck and 27 hp Kohler, the other was a Z580 (Diesel) with the Turbo Force 60 inch deck. My main reason for demoing the two was to decide if I should spend the extra money for the Turbo Force deck over the 7 GA deck. There is about $1000 difference in price. I know there are some other upgrades as well with the Turbo Force deck model 74283, like the wheel motors and speed. Both were demoed on the same lawn and the cut was good with both. The TF deck dispersed grass much further (2.5-3 deck widths) compared to the 7GA (1.5-2 deck widths).
    Anyone else made this decision? Any thoughts/suggestions?
  2. Laner

bumpity bump
  3. Post Mowing

Post Mowing LawnSite Member

i love the turbo force deck
  4. tportela

tportela LawnSite Member

Mine is new , It cuts real well, however I have only owned this ZTR by Toro.
  5. Laner

Thanks Post Mowing and tportela. After thinking about it more I am leaning toward the 60" TF deck. Any one else running one of these have some feedback?