Toro ZMaster Z350

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cgland, Feb 21, 2004.

1. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you guys have any experience with this mower? It looks like a Walker w/ some minor changes. Just curious as to how they compare to other out front dedicated baggers. Thanks for your input.

Chris

2. cgland

Heres a pic!

Chris

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Just bought one a few weeks ago to replace a Walker. I like it much better so far. It is like a Walker but with some major changes.

4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

before you buy do the 'search' and read.. A 350 was my 'dream machine' which turned into a 'nightmare'.. IMHO - If you are into productivity go with a standard Z.

BobR

5. cgland

Avery - What do you like/dislike about the machine? does it do well in high grass? How about maintenance?

Bob - What happened?

Chris

6. Mako

Mako LawnSite Member

My machine went from a nightmare to a better machine than I expected. The machine does a lot of different functions and everything needs to be working properly. Mine was constantly clogged until I found that the blower belt was slipping. Since using belt dressing, the thing has never clogged, even through the leaf season. When the blower is working properly, the under side of the deck is completely dry and free of grass. Next year I plan to use it as a mulching deck. I have asked what problems other owners have had with the machine. No one will give specific details, only generalized remarks about how bad the machine is.

7. cgland

Thanks Mako!

Anyone else have any experience w/ them? I appreciate all of your input. This decision could save me $4,000. Although it is a $4,000 that I am willing to spend if the Walker is a superior machine.

Chris

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

This thread could not come at a better time. A dealer here has one last year's model left for $7000! This years model's are around $10K I belive.

9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I thought they were about the same price as the Walker. About $10 or $11K

10. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I bought a used one last season. Onl had 300 hours on it. Not a big fan that's for sure. Even with brand new blades the cut quality was not there for me. The bagger is nice but...its a pain to get the grass into the truck and on properties where you could walka grass catcher into the woods you now have to take the clippings away. Plus you have to grass catch everything. I have some rather large props that you would not normally have to catch. With this mower you don't have a choice. I would go with a regular Z or my preference is the Stander.