1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro Zmaster??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, Jul 15, 2006.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok here the deal i have a

Toro Zmaster
    Bought new 5/16/05
    52" Turbo Force Deck
    One of the nicest cuts I have ever seen with a mower
    27 Hp Kohler Engine (biggest engine option when I bought the mower)
    Suspention Kit for smooth ride
    Striping Kit for EXTREMELY NICE cut and amazing stripes
    178.2 Hours as of right now
    Taken VERY well care of...(you can refer to any of my post and I always talk about how anal i am with this mower with maint.)

Do you think that i can get 7000 out of it becouse it is in VERY good cond. and i really dont want to loose anymore money on it then i already have.

2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Do I think you will get that? No...

I remember a 60" 27 hp kohler going up for sale on ebay and was posted here. 50 hours, was 1 year old (2004 being sold in 2005), and it went for $6,500. I think your looking at $6,000.

I think you will get more bang for your buck if you take off and sell the striping kit and suspension seat separately (not much resale value there).

Lets see some pics and let us know what you end up doing/going with.
  3. ToroLandscaper

Yeah but i dont want to loose so much dang money on it...i wonder what trade in value would be...what would you guess
  4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Your going to take a big loss on trade in. I wouldn't even consider it. Maybe call one of your dealers to get a ball park but you will be in for a rude awakening.

It sucks taking a loss but what are you going to do? You have to be capable to service your accounts safely and you need the right equipment to do that. Who knows, you might find the guy out there that is in dire need of a machine like that and can't live without it.

I found that guy when I was selling my truck. I thought I was going to take a huge loss on my Ranger but I put it up on ebay and found the guy that couldn't live without it. He paid my buy it now price and was has happy as could be. I only lost $650 on selling the truck.

I would put it on ebay with a reserve to see what you can get. What do you have to lose, $50 for ebay fees? You might find the right person.....

Maybe a buy it now of $6,500 and see what you get? Your biggest selling point is going to be the 27 kohler and the large frame. Also no longer made (i don't think??)....

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

It gets to the point on a local sale that people need to finance things costing more than $5K.

I would suggest eBay, and put an ad on here with a link to it.

Why you selling?
  6. ToroLandscaper

I am going to get a 60" Z or a 60" turf tracer wb....to many hills around and the 52" wont hold them worth crap..awesome mower and if i lived somewhere a little more flat it would be perfect!
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

7 grand for a used 52" Z? I doubt it highly, more like 5 to 6 range.
  8. ToroLandscaper

yeah thats what im starting to think
  9. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

Hold ona sec . . .

Is there any hope of re-tiring it with a more aggressive tread tire?
    We did that with both our JD 655 (54" 25hp) and our JD F725 (54" 20hp). Both can now hang on the hills like goats. We are running Turf Tamers on both (23x10.5-12) & (20x10-8), but this is about the max size that they build them in. Check the web for ATV tires

The new Z Master is spec'ing a 23x9.5-12 tire. Similar to yours? The 10.5 over the 9.5 indicates the deeper more aggressive tread of the Turf Tamer. BUT it has GOT to fit your particular wheel housing or no joy.
  10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

You should be able to get 6 for it, maybe 6500 for it.