Toro ZTR at Home Depot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fatboy5803, Mar 1, 2003.

1. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

Just came back from Home Depot and noticed they have Toro ZTR's.. Didn't see the model #, it had a B/S motor, 15/17 hp. $3000.00. Did Not look commercial. If I were a home owner looking to buy one I wouldn't be interested.. Anybody else notice these at H.D. ????

Lou

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Yes, The Toro Timecutter. I have seen these at Home Depot for a while, I wouldn't use them commercially, though.

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Homeowners don't know quality when they see it. They see all the commercial cutters running around with ZTR's and they will think they "have the same thing as commercial guys" when they buy that turd. Probably will be good enough for them, but we know the level of performance and cut on that stuff.

4. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

How Right you are, Just looking at it, the quality wasn't there..
    Maybe the Home-owner will be happy, But We All wouldn't.....

Lou

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Not to be outdone, my local Lowes has Husqvarna ZTR's and all kinds of hand-held equipment.

6. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow I work at depot and I didn't know we sold that type of mowers, hum... maybe its just my area... We are starting to carry toro 2-cycle stuff this year.. The vendor guy told me its a step down from the echo stuff we got. Well we didn't get the new stuff in yet but i'm not to anticipating to buy anything, but its sure nice to sell somethign better than homelite!

7. Lawn277

Lawn277 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

The home depot here sells John Deere, havent seen any ZTR's. The theisens here has Gravely and Ariens ZTR's. And wow do they ever want a lot of money for them Gravely's.

thanks
    Rick

8. john deere & toro in the same building. Now guys 10 or 15 years ago would any of you thought this would have happen.So much for dealers huh.

9. challenger55

challenger55 LawnSite Member

it has a b/s motor and goes 2mph slower
    i don't know about you guys but i hate b/s
    think about it the toro z-masters cost around $6000 for the z100
    so a few differences between them and because they have a briggs there about $3000 cheeper

I wouldn't get anything commercial with a briggs even if it has a I/C engine

10. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I was at a local feed store today and they have two of the EFI Toros and one LQ. I wouldn't buy from them, but I guess some sucker does. I bet there service is awesome.:rolleyes: