1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro ZTR Cutting Issues!!! PICTURES TO PROVE!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DillonsLawnCare, May 27, 2008.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

my toro mower is still having cutting problems. the evidence is in the pictures below. it leaves pushed over un-cut grass on the insides of each caster wheel, and when i turn( like hugging the tree) it leaves grass in the middle blade. and it only does this when turning. it leaves the other grass when just going straight. i bought the mower brand new by the way.

this is my yard. Fescue. i cut it down to 3.5" and i was cutting off about 3".

here you go..................and i put some pics of me cutting my grass about a week ago.

2. DillonsLawnCare

and more......................................

3. DillonsLawnCare

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Yes you have a problem. I think it will be a simple fix though (unless you have warped the deck or something). Start with the basics, clean the deck, put some new high lifts on, check the spindles for any play, pulleys, belts slippage, and try to eliminate everything you can. A new set of blades would be a good start after you have checked everything out. The air flow doesn't seem to be right (blades, build up, etc.).

Did this problem start all at once or has the cut quality gone down hill slowly?
  5. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

does your mower have the turbo force deck? Maybe you are mowing to fast for the condtions? I have a 60" turbo force deck and if you mow full out in deep grass it will not give the best cut, but it will look better than that. Maybe try a high lift blade? Mine came with standerd blades.
  6. DillonsLawnCare

this problem started the day i got the mower. im taking it to the dealer this thursday so they can fix it. new blades, pulleys and belts are fine, clean deck, nothing wrong that way.

its either vaccuum or something else.
  7. DillonsLawnCare

i dont have the turbo force. i wasnt going fast at all. and the grass wasnt tall either.

SILVERSTREAK INC LawnSite Senior Member

looks like your center blade is slipping, make sure your spindle bolts are tight...and of course your blades are tightly bolted to the spindle!

did you hit anything big or bend a blade lately? maybe a keyway that holds the spindle onto the pulley is broken or sheared

does it sound like the blades bog down bad?
  9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

WOW ... and they say Toro is suppose to be the best ?? Yeah right !! I'll stick with my Dixon, thank you !!
  10. DillonsLawnCare

i didnt hit anything. the blades are brandnew! the spindles look fine. nothing is loose(pulleys, belts,spindles,blades....etc....) everything is intact.

but my engine makes a funky noise. when i have the blades in rotation, the engine kind of like speeds up or something. it doesnt run smoothly. the noise pitch changes, it goes higher.....its hard to explain, but its wierd...