1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro ZTR Cutting Like Crap!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DillonsLawnCare, May 10, 2008.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

i just bought a 2008 Toro ZTR 52" 7 Gauge Deck 21hp Kawi. when i go to cut grass it leave about a 3" wide by a foot long strip of pushed over somewhat cut grass. i had to double cut a yard today and i was not happy. i tried to take the blades off cause they were a little dull, but the dealer must have put them on there so tight, that i could get them off with my compressor or my electric impact wrench. i am very unhappy with the mowers cut. there is little to no build up under the deck, so that has nothing to do with it.

Does anyone know what to do, or can help me do something??

im very tempted to take it back to the dealer and make them fix it.

i didnt spend $6700 for a $hitty cut!!!
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Weren't you the guy that was telling bigw that he would like the Toro:confused: What a difference a few days make huh:hammerhead:
  3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Which dealer did you purchase the mower from? SLE maybe? :usflag:
  4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought you weren't getting a new mower cause you couldn't afford it? Let me guess, you never even demoed the mower before buying it. You might get lucky maybe you got the wrong set of blades for what you need, or maybe you should have spent the extra money on a turboforce deck.
  5. Bennett scape

Bennett scape LawnSite Member

The mower should be under a warranty so go to the dealer you purchased it from and demand they fix it or give you a new one. If they refuse sue there ass. Sorry you have a crap dealer :cry:
  6. macguy

macguy LawnSite Member

Take the deck off and turn it over. You should have better luck loosening the nuts using a brick to block the blade from turning. Once loose rotate the outside blades so that each cutting tip is pointing at the corresponding cutting tip of the center blade. Retighten the nuts. Check for level. The blade tips of the outside blades should be level with the center blade. If not you either have a bent blade(s) or a bad spindle/bearing. Of course since its under warranty you could let the dealer do the work ; ) Also make sure all the tires have the correct air pressure and try slowing down while cutting.
  7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

WOW another unhappy Toro Customer ................. now that is shocking

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok guys give him a break! I would contact your dealer and tell him about the problem you are having! See if he has any suggestions! or a fix! If not then the dealer needs to contact toro and get factory help or authorization to exchange the machine!
  9. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Absolutley get the dealer involved. You can't make a living by leaving strips or having to double cut every lawn.If the dealer won't help, call or email Toro. I run Scag and the main reason is my dealer. I love the mowers, but the dealer is the reason. Give your dealer a chance to impress you.
  10. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

if you can, take a picture of the grass problems after cutting and i agree with everybody else, take it back to the dealer and explain and show him the picture also. if under warranty, they have to fix it..