Toro ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by moverton, Oct 7, 2006.

1. moverton

moverton LawnSite Member

I read alot about Scag, Exmark, and Hustler however I don't see many comments on the Toro ZTRs. Are they not as good as the ones previous mentioned, lesser quality? From what little I have seen on the Toros the turbo force deck seems to be doing good. Also, from looking at there website have have the 500 series which is advertised as the Estate Series which from what I gather does not have the turo force deck. Any comments or insight is appreciated.

I am new to this site and hope I am not asking a repetitive question. I have done several searches and only find old posts on this subject.

Thank you for your time.
  2. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

All new Toro commercial grade ZTR's come with the Turbo Force deck. I also think most of the walk behinds do also, except for a few. Oh, BTW love my Toro with the Turbo Force deck. Good all around deck.
  3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

The 400 & 500 series TurboForce mowers are excellent mowers. The deck is all seven gauge steel, almost indestructible.The estate Toro, is basically a seven gauge TurboForce minus the adjustable baffles, smaller hydro pumps and only an 8.5 ground speed.
  4. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

You said everything I would have said about mine.
  5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

my toro zmaster has been great. great cut and reliable
  6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro makes a great ZTR. I have two of them plus one on order for next spring.
  7. mhussey

My deck has the adjustable baffles, and I believe it's considered an Estate series.
  8. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

I will have to let my dealer know he gave erroneous info to me about the estate 500.Unless Toro has changed the deck after you purchased you're mower.

We have a 2005 555 and 557, and 560, 580 TurboForce mowers.We have been very pleased with the performance, only negative, it will spit clumps in extreme wet conditions.

How does you're estate 500 cut, and is the ground speed the 8.5 mph spec my dealer supplied me with .
  9. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

bill, you are correct. the z500 estate series doesn't offer the adjustable baffle. it does come standard on the z500 PRO Value series though. hope this helps.
  10. mhussey

Ok, I'm sorry. You and I were talking of 2 different machines. I don't have a 500 series. I have the 400 series and if I'm not mistaken all of these have the adjustable baffles. Sorry for the confusion.