Toro??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brian B, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

is the toro walk behinds ok or are they no good? also is kawasaki a good brand to go with on weed eaters and blowers? the model i of toro i was looking at is the 48" walk behind, pistol grips, belt drive, fixed deck, 15 hp kawasaki. the model of the weed eater i was looking at is the kawasaki KTR27A. the model of the blower i was looking at is the kawaski KRB300A. the backpack blower only blows 150 mph. is that enough or is that really weak? any input would be greatly appreciated

Thank You
    -Brian-

2. extremerc76

extremerc76 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

for the backpack blower, it's not the mph that you have to look at it's the cfm that realy matters. what is the cfm on the blower?

3. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I would highly recommend a Toro Midsize Walkbehind. I wound also recommend the T-bar instead of the pistol grips because they're easier to control and are more comfortable. I have a Toro T-Bar 48" fixed deck walkbehind with a 15 hp. Kaw.

For a backpack blower get a RedMax. The EB7001 is a popular model. I currently have an EBZ4800 which is a little smaller than the 7001 and it's been very low maintenance and also very quiet (only 65dbA) the newer model is the EBZ5000Q. I'm getting the EBZ8000 this fall because i need another one for fall cleanups.

I got RedMax trimmers also they're good to

Hope this helps:)

4. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does the Toro have the TurboForce deck, or the SFS? Trimmers, Sthil are excellent trimmers. The blower, Sthil BR600 and the Redmax 8000, are the kings of backpack hill. Both are excellent backpacks and either would serve you well.The power diffence between the two are minima.The Stihl is lighter, consumes less fuel,easier to start.

5. Brian B

the cfm on this blower is 295 (with pipe) and 490. what is the cfm?

6. Brian B

the only reason i was asking about all the kawasaki equipment is because it comes as a package deal. otherwise i would go with a different brand.

7. Brian B

8. Brian B

it has the TurboForce deck. what's the difference?

9. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Very good,the mower comes with the TurboForce. The TurboForce is worlds ahead of the SFS. It has the adjustable baffling , all seven gauge steel. I recommend this mower very highly. The SFS is a stamped deck, and if the mower cut's two inches off a blade of grass, two inches is discharged. The SFS is terrible at best, chopping up the clippings.

10. Brian B

thats what i wanted to hear! thanks