Toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by samk, Feb 23, 2002.

1. samk

samk LawnSite Member

Looking at a 97 Toro 44 in Hydro with 15HP. Whats a fair price for this machine in good shape.

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

every areas market is different, u say northeast, but i gurantee u the price for one in delaware (northeast) is different from maine (northeast) please put a more specific location in ur profile and we will help u out

3. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

That is really true, around here, Oklahoma, mowers cost a lot more than most places, I don't know why, but they do.

If I bought that mower new here, it would be around 5 grand.

Hank

4. samk

samk LawnSite Member

that would be southern nh and northern ma

5. Downeast

Downeast LawnSite Bronze Member

Samk, I am just south of you, and they go for about $4500.00 new. Being very new to the business I am hardly an expert on mowers . But depending on use I would think it would sell for less than half the new price .If it was used by a busy LCO .I think maybe a thousand ,and that might be pushing it for me . Five years old ?Ask him how much he will pay you to take it away.Just kidding .

6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

samk u should update ur profile and put ur city and state in the location box.

7. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

i am getting a brand new 44inch hydro with a 15kohler next week. i get it for $4600 with a full warranty and there is a promotion for toro thru march so i get one of their new trutrak sulkies free as well as a cloth bagger for $100 making my total cost $4600. you might want to look into a new one if you have the $$. you could always sell it for more than u paid for it because of the freebies. ask him how many hours are on the machine, i dont remember when they put it on, but the latest hydro toros have an hr meter built in. i ve seen them on mowers that are 3yrs old so there might be one on a 1997 machine. good luck with your toro for that machine, i was probably used about 1200 hours give or take then i would pay between $1000-1750 depending on condition hrs used etc.

8. Hear me now or pay later big time in the future!

Spend the extra cash and get the model with the 20hp V-Twin command engine.

If you are buying a new machine get the biggest engine the offer.

It should only be $300-400 more.

The torque on the 20hp is much more than the 15hp.

It's like a whole different machine. You need it to cut bluegrass.

Plus you will be able to put a bigger (used) deck on the 20hp in the future. A low torque one lunger 15 with a hydro has about as much power to the blades as an old B&S 12hp.

9. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

the 44hydro tbar only comes with a 15 kohler so i mite go with a 52tbar with 17kawi twin with e/s or a 44 pistol with 17twin kawi e/s. if i dont like the toro pistols then ill just throw a new 17twin kawi with e/s on the 44 for about $550.

10. Robert Pruitt

Robert Pruitt LawnSite Senior Member

it might be worth your drive south,you can pick up a 15hp,44inch deck for about $3100 here in N.C.