Toronto Area Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Pristine PM, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know anyone that builds custom trailers in the Toronto area? I am looking for an 6x14 single axle. I want someone that can make the trimmer racks and blowers for it as well.

Thanks,

Jon

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

If your willing to travel to hamilton try MISKA trailers. www.miskatrailers.com. If you call ask for paul. Hes pretty good. Why would you want a 14 foot single axle? I just upgraded to a 16 ft double and the trailer alone weighs 2100 lbs.

Cheers
    Jeff

3. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Dual axles back up much easier as well. FYI

4. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Happiest day in years was the day I got rid of my 6 x 14 single axle.... replaced with 8 x 16 double axle....much better to pull

5. Lynden-Jeff

Im using a 6.5 X 16. Is the 8 foot wider trailer a deck over? Can't imagin an 8 ft non deck over, im already as wide as the lanes. :hammerhead:

6. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

In an 8', you have wheel wells inside the trailer , so the trailer itself really axle isn't any wider than it is on a 7'. I originally was looking for a 7' wide, but the sales guy pointed that out to me; my original concern was being too wide for residential streets. So... an 8' trailer doesn't track any wider than a 7'... both widths are wider than a truck though, so you absolutely have to get extension mirrors of some sort on your truck so you can lane change safely.

7. Lynden-Jeff

Ah I see. Thanks for explaining, we don't have those kind of trailers around here (or atleast they arn't as common as fenders on the outside).

Cheers
    Jeff

8. Lynden-Jeff

Also, as far as trailer racks go I would get the new ones from green touch. They are awesome. www.traileracks.com. Also there is no duty since they use US postal service.

Cheers
    Jeff

9. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

I have a 6x16 and I really don't need anything that big or need breaks. All this will be used for is light mowers. I don't really need dual axles and it won't be much weight. I really think that a 6x14 will be perfect for just holding equipment.

Thanks,

Jon

10. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

Jon

There is a guy on Bathurst just north of King Rd that builds trailers and racks. I think it is called U-pull Trailers, his trailers look well made. You can also they the Kooy Bros, they have excellent prices on trailers. I bought my 6.5X12 JDJ landscape and my 6X10 enclosed trailers from them. You may have to wait a couple of weeks for a JDJ but they are good trailers. Most dealers sell racks or if you don't want anything too fancy you could buy a welder and make them up yourself. They money you save on the racks would almost pay for the welder. If you are not carrying much weight I would stick with a single axle then you don't have to worry about the MTO hassels like annual inspections for the truck and trailer and C.V.O.R etc.

Ray