Toros 21" Pro-line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Apr 23, 2005.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I had the opportunity yesterday to try the Personnel pace 21". This is an easy mower to use. It bags great and is so easy to pull back. The only thing i wish it had was a bigger gas tank. It had the 6.5 gts and it was very Quiet too.

2. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

:rolleyes: I have a toro 21" personal pace and a 21" commercial and they are both great machines,i am bidding on two animal hospitals next week and if i get them i will be adding a 60" ztr(toro of course)to my equipment,already have a 48" toro walk behind and 52"ztr.just my .02 worth.have a good one!!!
  3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

John...The ProLine is the Commercial Unit...the Personal Pace is Homeowner.
  4. John Gamba

from ct

I dont have the experience with 21"s like you do, Sorry. It was the one you push to go,i thought it was a nice mower. It handles great.
  5. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

Do not use the personal pace for commercial purposes.....although they are very easy to maneuver, are very light and easy to use they are cheaply made. In one season I went through throttle cables, pull cords and tires. Another thing is the cheap wheel configurations do not like going up and down trailers and getting bumped around on trailers. They are always bumping out of height position. I bought a 21" toro commercial with the 6 Kawasaki engine...Machine is a tank and will last years . Just my humble, experienced opinion. We do a lot of smaller lawns with the 21" mowers.
  6. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

John, I have a personal pace 21", a proline 21", and a proline 44" WB. Although the Personal Pace is not a commercial mower, mine has seen 3 seasons of moderate commercial use, and aside from needing to reinforce the handles, it has been a fine mower. I would definetly reccomend it as a back up or for moderate use. Toro rocks. Later...
  7. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have been thinking of getting a personal pace for a backup for the proline, it is good to hear some about them.
  8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah that is the Homeowner Personal Pace then at $350. Also that "GTS" engine is the dreaded TECHM. The Proline is around $1000 and has a Honda or Kaw engine and is also a MUCH better mower.
  9. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I like the personal pace because it is very light compared to the pro line. The wheels are CHEAP and wear out quickly. That is about it's only flaw.
  10. John Gamba

from ct

My friend bought two for one account. I know home owner stuff you will have some problems with wheels and things but for the money i think its a nice mower. Not every body can go a get a 1,000 dollar 21" mower. This looks like it will fit the bill for 350.