1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

toro's personal pace system

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rjmj, Sep 6, 2003.

1. rjmj

rjmj LawnSite Member
    from mn

The personal pace system on my toro 22" doesnt have the power it used to. There is extra slack in the cable so when i push on it the cable doesnt pull out enough. how can i shorten the cable about half an inch?
  2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

cable could have gotten stretched, or if it has a belt drive, the belt could be worn a little.
  3. rjmj

rjmj LawnSite Member
    from mn

if the cable is streched how can i shorten it?
  4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Try your owners manual, if the cable has an adjustment you will find it there otherwise pick up a new cable. I do not have the PP by Toro but my Proline has never stretched a cable (broken but never stretched) so I would be tempted to check for a worn drive belt.
  5. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont have a personal pace but I have qa Toro SP Recycler. They put "Grip wheels"(I dont know what they're really called) inside of the rear wheels on the mower. When they get wet or get worn, they loose traction, therefore they no longer have a "personal pace".