1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro's Recycler vs. Super Recycler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BAMARED, Jul 6, 2004.

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

I'm about to get another Recycler and was curious to find out if the Super Recyler is really worth the extra $150? I know that it has an aluminum deck vs. the Recyler's steel - but is there really any other differences? I'm especially curious to find out if the Super Recycler has the same "light-duty" mounting brackets (front wheels) that the Recycler has? These are junk! Other than that, my Recycler has been a very good <$400 purchase.

2. McCauley3

McCauley3 LawnSite Member
    from WF, Tx

Spend the extra money for the super recycler, it is well worth it. i had a recycler, and it didnt last a full season. it's not built for commercial use. yes, the super recycler is also a home owner model, but much more durable than the recycler. i coudln't justify spending the $1000 on a 21". as you mentioned, it has an aluminum deck, that i beleive mulches better than the recycler, because it has plastic kickers under the deck. also, the super has a briggs engine, as opposed to the recycler's tecumseh. i bought the 6.75 ohv super recycler, and am very pleased. the wheel assembly is also more durable on the super, it even has grease-certs on the rear wheels. well, thats my review.
  3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

in terms of durability there's no comparison. you should be able to get at least 3 more seasons out of the super recycler than the recycler.

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Thanks guys! That's exactly what I needed to hear. There's only 1 place here locally that sells the Super Recycler. What's a decent price to pay for one? Is there anywhere on-line that sells them at a good price?

Thanks again,

5. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Buy it from a dealer for after purchase support.
  6. Jimbosc

Jimbosc LawnSite Member

The 20038 (OHV 6.75 HP) should be $550.

The 20037 (6.5 HP) is around $500.

Toro has pretty tight price controls, especially on the Super Recyclers - even online you will not find much difference in price.

I have the 20038 - the Intek is alot more than a .25 HP upgrade - more like a 25% increase in usable torque at operating blade speed. Worth the $50 in my opinion.

7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Don't Play Around w/ Homeowner Junk....Get a Proline
  8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

AFTER PURCHASE SUPPORT, FROM A TORO DEALER???? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. ok, i feel better now
  9. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

If you plan on being in this industry for more then a couple years buy the proline bbc. I own three prolines w/ bbc and the suzuki engine. They are a machine you can depend on with virtually no maintenance. Use is put in away use it again, no worries. These machines are virtully bulletproof even in the hands on careless employees. They mulch great, bag great in conditions that would keep you inside with other lesser grade mowers. Buy one there is little doubt seven eight years from now it will still be in your fleet.
  10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I Agree W/TMLawncare...Don't Mess w/homeowner Junk...eXcept No BBC.. You Can't Run Doubles w/BBC Units !