1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro's Turbo force deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bart may, Apr 1, 2004.

1. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

Those of you that have started mowing, how do you like this new deck design? Is it considerable different than the SFS deck? I'm looking to buy one, but I won't if there is not much difference in the two decks. I have 5 of the SFS already.
  2. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

From what I saw its seems deeper and alot more vacuum
  3. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

Extremely different. The turbo force is much like the Ultra cut of exmark.. The turbo force has the adjustable baffles as well... Night and day in my opinion.... Thicker gauge steel (7guage), welded.....
  4. D Fricks

D Fricks LawnSite Member

my company has the new toro with turbo force deck it really depends on what your mowing situation is I have found that this deck works best when you side discharge also have an exmark with tri-vantage deck which works better for mulching and bagging. TORO also handles wet grass better but again If you are side discharging .
    this is just my 2 cents worth.
  5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a 60'' on my Z588E, welded not stamped, 5.5'' deep deck, adjustable flow baffle which is surprising how effective it is, 7 guage, wide discharge mouth, mulches great in dry, side discharge is very powerful, leaves a nice clean cut and doesn't seem to clump unless it's pushed too fast into very lush thick stuff too fast, mow to the conditions and this deck will cut anything!

This new model is nothing like the others.
  6. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

I will be mowing bluegrass/fescue, so I think it will do fine. I'm just tired of my old SFS decks leaving long blade lengths on the lawns. My competitors using scags are making me look bad. I love the SFS for the rainy days though when their not mowing.
  7. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

If you open the adjustable baffle this would give equal to or better than performance compared to a SFS deck.

Reducing/closing the baffle gives you smaller clippings, and if you use mulch blades too, even better.

The Turfo Force decks are amazing mulchers, I doubt there would be a better one.