toroZ500?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffex, Oct 26, 2003.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone have the new toro Z500 with the new style deck. Their web site shows it mowing over leaves without any kick out. Just looking for any reviews on their new deck. It seems to be a copy of the trivantage deck with an adjustable baffle system for different conditions. The old SFS decks seemed to be what people complained about in cut quality. I was told you had to double cut the clippings .

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Simple TRICK photography!

Nothing more.

Almost EVERY lawnmower add or brochure NEVER shows a unit MOWING. Just some cheezy male model with a flannel shirt on sitting on a mower that isn't even turned on.

The least they could do is make the area BEHIND the mower LOOK like it was just cut!

4. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

If you guys look at a John Deere Z-Trak brochure, on the Quik Trak page it shows a quik trak doing zero turns.. The throttle is at the bottom which means they are contradicting the statement "run your mowers at full throttle to keep your pumps in the best condition"..

Its all in the advertising...

5. cblackwe

cblackwe LawnSite Member

There was another post that discussed someones demo of the Toro within the past month or two. My demo experience was a great one as well. Well built machine, will probably buy one! Do a search on "Toro Z500" and read the ones that come up. I do not know how to link you to it...Good luck.

6. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Im looking for a Z in the spring and have narrowed it down to a Toro z 500 or a Hustler Z as the dealer I use sell both. So over the winter I plan on reasearching as much as possible.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

What you talkin bout Willis????:D :p :D

Cheesy, Yes being that I am in Wisconsin. Male model with a flannel shirt- well a t-shirt and jeans for me.
    If you don't remember I was the Gravely dude for a year or so. No pay. They just asked me to take some shots for the website.

Sorry for straying but I got a laugh out of that.

gravbanphoto1 (wince).jpg

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I am supposed to demo a Z 500 in the field Wednesday. I'll let you know what I think.

9. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

jeff.. I demoed the 72" Toro about 10 days ago and it was nice. There's a guy (named Chris) around here that will meet you at any of your jobs and let you demo any Toro machine you'ld like. I don't have his card handy but I will try and find his number for you. If I can't find it you can give the guys at BackYard Power a call and they should have it. He works for Toro and just drives around the MD area to demo the machines.

-Tom

10. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) I demoed the 580 series 28hp Kohler EFI, Turboforce Deck, and deluxe seat, had alot of good features, the ROP comes standerd i had it for three days it was a verynice machine, pricey, around 10K, my dealer is supposed to drop me off a new 52" 27hp Kohler next week with the cloth bagger just wanted to see how it perfroms.......Marks Mowing Service

family 177.jpg