Torre & Bruglio

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ADMServices, Feb 20, 2001.

1. ADMServices

ADMServices LawnSite Member

Anyone in the Detroit MI area ever have to bid against Torre & Bruglio for a Maintenance contract. How did it go?

We are submitting a bid for 30 acres of mowing in an industrial park. Wouldn't be a bad contract to get.

Andy

2. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

Just the sheer size of their outfit would intimidate me. But as you know size is not everything. I heard something (rumor) about them last year that kind of shocked me. I won't say what it was but I was disappointed to say the least.

Good Luck on your bid.

3. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Almost bid against them but didnt. I showed up to the bid meeting to see it go down but did not walk in after seeing there was only three people in the room.(too personal) The bid reqiured some major referneces like three years of reference for big scale cutting. The bid was for the county parks which are many acres.(30+) That company has a big name but i dont know anything else about them other than they do mostly commercial.

Good luck.

Bedros

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I considered it. Heavily! They do the GM World Headquarters located in Grand Blanc and I feel I can do a better job. (Not to mention I'm already right there on one of my stops). CCLC, Have you ever looked at this place? Hey, incidentally, are you guys going to the MDLA show? If so, perhaps we can make arrangements to meet up for lunch.

[Edited by Runner on 02-20-2001 at 02:29 PM]

5. ADMServices

Did you submit a proposal for the GM property?

I plan on going to the MDLA trade show, not sure what day yet.

Andy

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No, I opted not to submit it. I bet it's a high payer, though!

7. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Runner - that rumour that you heard is probably more fact than rumour - it was all over the Detroit Free Press/News last year.

8. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

What is the rumor. I am dying to know. Email me if neccesary.

Bedros

9. ADMServices

Have any of you guys been to their Headquarters in Pontiac. I have not, but i have been to their Canton Location.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah! What rumour? You have our attention now! Are you talking about the pay of the headquarters contract? Private message it if you like.