torro zero turn

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigkyle, Feb 18, 2006.

1. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

ive just een one and i want to buy it cause i love the torro mowers.my question is has anyone ever used the torro zero turn and if so how did they like it?

2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I have one. Its great. Make sure you get one with a Z-Stand and the turbo force deck.

3. CHRIS MELROSE

CHRIS MELROSE LawnSite Member
    from MIDWEST

If your really out there comparing mowers and all there major componets from deck spindles, deck construction, frame, hydraulic systems etc...There is really no other manufacturer that is doing it as good as Toro. The only thing that brings Toro down is poor dealer support in some areas, which is enough to justify other brands.

4. jmarti813

jmarti813 LawnSite Member

I have read allot of good advice on this site but I still have a question about the ZX480. This will be my first season and the dealer was trying to get me to buy the ZX480 instead of the commercial for my first season. I do have a budget of about $4500 which is not allot but I do believe I will be doing about 20- 25 regular small lawns. I will have some lawns that are 1-2 acres. I really need help making up my mind, because another dealer tells me to go with the 48 inch country clipper with the 20 hp.

5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

with 20 to 25 lawns a week, a homeowners model will not hold up to the full season..... get a commercial model.... the z master 450 is pretty close to your price range, maybe a little financing, comes in a 48 inch also.... really nice mowers...

6. just Cuts

just Cuts LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I have a Z450 23hp kaw engine with 48" turbo force deck. Very nice mower!!If you have 4500.00 to spend I think you should put down a nice down payment and pay off the rest.Payments aren't really that much.Then you have some money left over for other equipment you might need or keep some money in the bank just in case.Go commercial grade mower!!!!

7. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

Personally, I like Gravely. The 34Z gets me in the tightest spots without hitting stuff. Just no hills for me.

8. just Cuts

just Cuts LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Here is a pic of mine.

9370E12E-BA0B-87B4-1CF706D233BA373D.jpg

9. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro's a very nice machine. Last year I used one to do a leave clean up, The model was 500 with the 27Kohler with the 60in deck. Man it did a good job.

10. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

i have a toro ztr and my next will be a toro and so will the next. i started with a push toro and now have a toro ztr nuff said......