Tossing ads on driveways..Marketing question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by A1Lawns, Mar 3, 2007.

1. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

No, he's still lurking about. Saw his 21st post this morning. Although I would like to hear how it worked out.

2. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I would imagine it worked out about how they all do. He probably got around a 1% response. He just got that response with a lot less leg work.

3. wegomow

Mea culpa! I was wrong about him he's still active. I confused him with another.

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

A1 Lawn's last post was Feb 2011.:usflag:

5. wegomow

Yes, I did say I was wrong in the next post.

6. Bill H

Bill H LawnSite Member

I have advertised by throwing bags containing a direct mail piece , a business card magnet, and a couple rocks for weight. This was an extremely effective way of advertising! I have grown my lawn fertilization business to over 500 customers over the past 4 yrs. I did have a fair amount of complaints about customers saying I am littering the neighborhood. I did receive a call from a township threatening to fine me. But I got a very good response.

7. Patriot Services

Since I market the areas I am already in I refuse to become "that guy". I am so tired of everyday picking up baggies and paper tubes from my driveway. I live in a gated community and will confront any scrubs I catch trying to draft through behind me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I just don't understand this line of thinking at all. If you don't want it just toss it in the garbage. It's really not that big of a deal.

9. Patriot Services

Mail goes in the mailbox. Garbage thrown on the ground is littering. Give me your address and I will leave some McDonalds "advertising" in your front yard.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

As much on an expert as Sean claims to be, I can't believe he's still recommending this. Let's find out where he lives and dump a few hundred thousand of them on his lawn and see how he likes it, lol.