Tossing ads on driveways..Marketing question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by A1Lawns, Mar 3, 2007.

1. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

No matter what you do, you will always have haters in this business. They see your lawns, landscaping, equipment, way of advertising and they hate on you. I do doorhangers myself but i aint knockin putting a rock in a plastic bag with an advertisement either. If it works don't break it. These are lawn guys giving you post on this issue about advertising. They're not going to like it to begin with.

2. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

grass seed will weigh it down. Tackey maybe but it does work to some degree.

3. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

To those who actually have done the ads on drives thing, what was your response/retainer rate?
    Just curious.

Thanks

4. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

way better than door hangers or direct mail, which is a joke, im sure the market differs in each region, i actually get my best response of all from neighborhood newsletters, and trust me ive tried every form of marketing, yellowpages, etc, but in the end word of mouth will spread if you are reliable and do a good job, but in short, tossing ads next to the sunday paper has always worked for me.

5. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

Aside from rocks, which can be filthy, what are other cheap weights to possibly use?

6. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Ok for throwing weight: How about glass marbles?
    Don't forget to mention that this free plastic bag is ideal for properly and safely discarding pet waste.

8. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Golden dollars work a little better, they add a little more weight. :rolleyes:

9. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

You two are truly my heros.

10. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Do you advertise a price on your flyers??