Tossing ads on driveways..Marketing question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by A1Lawns, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

its called littering!

2. John Deere Mann

John Deere Mann LawnSite Member

If i saw some one throw that in my drive way i would call you for an estimate and when you should up i would hand it back to them and tell them no thanks.

3. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Like it or not, you do get a response. It's a numbers game and when you throw out a few thousand flyers you will get some calls. You may be able to do a few hundred door hangers in a day, whereas, you can do a few thousand flyers.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

It will help if you put something in the bag that they will want to save. Calender maybe--or or course a gardening calender--what to do and when. Prune. Plant. Water. Harvest. Treat for weeds. And something only YOU can give them: a gardening calender localized for your particular city. Date of tulip bloom. Date of last and first frost, growing zone, average date of first mowing. Best date to plant tomatoes.
    Also you could include a coupon for a free lawn mower blade sharpening, if they bring it to your office in March. If you can find a cooperating (but not competing business) a half off coupon might work.

5. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, add something cool in the bag, grass seed, a landscape/lawn related calender. If you really want to throw out bags.

6. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

i have close to 20 thousand ready to go for spring, i give a shiz what anyone here says, it works for me.

7. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

thats the white trash marketing method. rock in a baggie with your ad.

gimme a break. i pick up so many of these trash ads during the year its pathetic. i cannot think of a worse way to present your business image as driving through neighborhoods throwing trash into peoples driveway......

8. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

Who says??

9. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

A1 it's garbage and everybody thinks so. So stop being so defensive and find a better way to market your business!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

Really?? Then why is it ok for any other newspaper company to do this?????? Hmmmmm...