Total Ban On Watering

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, May 18, 2001.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Well if you think things can't get any worse think again.

Today the Mayor of our fair City put a total ban on any outside watering. No irrigation, no car washing, no pool filling, no nothing! At least before there was a little ray of hope because the irrigated yards weren't as dusty............now if they comply, which I'm sure most will because the penalty can be having your water turned off, those yards will be shot in a couple of weeks.

Maybe we'll get a shower or two soon, one can only hope and pray!

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I am really sorry to hear this Homer. We are at the inch a day growth here right now on some lawns and we have to double mow some. I wish we could share some rain with ya. ;)

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

awww Homer, sorry to hear that.
    I know a lot of people seem to be hurting for rain here on Lawnsite, but out of everyone, I'm really pulling for you to get the wet stuff. You're one of my favorites here, down to earth and real.

Hoping you get an all day soaker soon!

4. swn

swn LawnSite Member

I hate to hear about the problem you are having down in Alabama. It is getting bad here in KY too. We are supposed to get a shower tonight and a chance tomorrow. We really need 2 or 3 to do any good. I have been and will be praying.

5. blessed rain. we got some today. but it was a light mist. supposed to rain a bit tomorow as well. but what we need here is those 2 day soaking rains. this should help a bit though.

6. oh yeah, thanx homer for answering my prayers the other day with the rain. i only hope that you can get the choir's together down there for your own people.

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Stick it out Homer. You can make a pile on landscaping everything that has dried up when the rain returns

8. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

homer some rain just passed over ohio and is heading south i hope it stops at all your lawns and givs them a good soaking for a day. i'm with eric elm, most of my yards are being cut at 5 or 6 days still and don't show any sign of stoping yet, we've been getting over night rains and early morning rains. i'm sad though because i wanted to landscape every sat. & sunday. but i can only landscape 1 of the days to keep up with the cuttings.

homer i hope you get some rain along with all you other guys

9. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Push some of that rain our way, our lawns are starting to feel it as well =(. Wish we could get some of the stuff. Liquid gold heh.

10. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

...thats how long since our last real rain. Only occasional showers since, not even an inch total since April 8 and all was isolated showers. Mid range forecast shows a break for the northeast next week. We shall see.

Think us lawn guys have it bad, seems the orchards lost 80+ % of their apple crop last week when, after a week of 90+ degree temps forced the blossoms the temps dipped to the low 20s one night killing all the buds.

Sux to be them for sure.