Total Disregard For Safety!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Jun 7, 2004.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i saw the best one the other day. me and my brother were heading to an account and we see the ultimate stupid move a spanish LCO had his roughly 4-5 yr old son sitting on the wheel fender of his great dane stander doing full speed wipping around a lawn. i said to my brother HOLY $HIT wait till the guys on lawn site here about this. what a great way to risk your childs life:eek:
  2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I saw somthing like that yesterday. a home owner was mowing his lawn and he apparantly could not find his discharge shute so he pulled the metal flap in the back up where you would normally put the bag and he was mowing like that with the grass clipping and rocks were flying out the back of the mower and he was holding his 1 year old son in his arms. talk about a disregard for safety!!!! some people just are not born with common sense.
  3. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

The other day I saw a guy on the side of the road tightening up the very thin piece of nylon rope that he was using to tie down his very large mower to his flat deck trailer. I was just glad I was not following right behind him.
  4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Last year, I saw one where the guy was running full speed, and someone was setting on the deck and trying to trim the ditch at full speed. He had to go back at it to get all the trimming. The operator was pointing and yelling at the kid on the front of the mower to get all of it. I wish I had my camera. It was a real kodak moment...
  5. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a child care center that has at least two different companies a month cutting thier facility. Last week thier newest lawn care victim was mowing on the outside of the fence with the guard up on his lesco pelting the youngsters with grass and debree that were playing on the inside of the fence not more than 8 feet away. He nor the care givers thought enough of it to put an end to it.
  6. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

thats too scary....its ridiculous to be mowing that close to the kids...and the caregivers need a kick in the butt!!
    i look after a daycare center and i try to arrive when the kids are inside for lunch... safety first ,eh.

kids and lawn mowers dont mix!