Total Kill

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Alto101, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Alto101

Alto101 LawnSite Member

I am going to have my existing lawn killed and the company I hired is using a product called Razr - I might have the spelling wrong. I can't find anything on the web about this product, maybe because I don't know how to spell it.

Anyway, what I am looking for is how effective it is, how long it takes to work and if it has any residual impact on the soil.

The company answered these questions for me, but I always like to do my own research to make sure I am getting the correct product.

2. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

why not do it yourself? a backpack sprayer and any herbicide containing glycophate (Round-Up, etc......) will do the job. glycophate is absorbed through the foilage of a plant. however, i have seen where it has been absorbed through the root system at higher concentrations of spray. glycophate has a very short active life and by the time you spray, wait for the kill and then clean up there would not be any residual problems.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Do it yourself. Saves loads of money and its very easy. I did that to my lawn (without my mom knowing!!!) and it was dead a short time later. Now we have the nicest lawns in the neighborhood. Do it yourself with a bottle of round up concentrate and a sprayer.
  4. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

The product Razor is a similar to Roundup. It contains 41% glyphosate, isopropylamine salt, as its active ingredients.

This link will show you the product label: RAZOR

And this link is the product label for Razor Pro: RAZOR PRO
  5. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I know a man who did that but I do not know what he used (Agent Orange?) but he could not get any thing even weeds to grow for 3 years after he sprayed. I would say only do it you self if you know what you are doing and what the after effects of what you use are going to be.
  6. Alto101

Alto101 LawnSite Member

I just wanted to provide an update. I hired the company that was going to use Razor as I felt that doing it myself was not cost effective since I would be limited to inefficient tools. I would rather pay someone else and know that it will be done correctly. Anyway, it did not take long for them to spray the whole lawn and within a week almost everything was looking dead. Two weeks later, everything is toast and I am getting ready to reseed tomorrow.

I wanted to say thank to Critical Care for the info about the chemical that was used to do the total kill.