Total Loss? New Holland Track Loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Alpha Property, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

2. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I think they worded it confusingly, I think they mean it goes fine, since its a crawler, thats just a term they used for forward motion, since it says starts, runs, and crawls..maybe not who knows. Curent bid is $14,000 tho, thats alot for a broke one.

3. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

"Description: Insurance Total Loss. This is a 2005 New Holland LT190B Skid Loader."

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

That really is strange about the "total loss". Could it be a recovered, stolen unit, that insurance paid a total losss to the original owner? could it have been under water, and insurance does not want to deal with fixing it?
    I sure would want a clear explanation of the reason for that wording before buying it.

5. alco

alco LawnSite Senior Member

I would say the recovered, stolen unit is most likely since insurance would have paid out for a total loss, and this would be to recover anything they can get.

6. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto. Could have a lot wrong, electronically, and the damage could add up to more than a dealer considers its worth.:waving: