Total Program

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RAlmaroad, Dec 9, 2006.

1. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Guys:
    I'm retiring to SC this summer and want to do a small scale yard maintenance program. I did that in Tennessee on the side while teaching. Things went really well. Problem is that the turfgrasses in SC, weeds, and growing season are a 180 to what I'm accustomed.
    Is there anyone that would share a schedule for mostly Centipede/St.Augustine grass. When to put down weed killer and fertilizer. I'm good with all of the shrubs, trees and even really good on installing shallow well and irrigation and already learned that Image does a good job on sandspurs (Purple nutsedge) not hurting the lawns. Any and all help is greatly needed and appreciated. I'm not going to do any commercial contracts--only a few individuals who like beautiful lawn. Thanks Roy

2. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Roy

I'll do all the fert & weed control and you bill the custmer. All you have to
    do mow,blow,and go.

3. scweedman

Roy

I'll do the fert. & weed control for you. All you do is mow,blow,and Go!

4. RAlmaroad

from SC

scweedman: Where do you live? I did find a great schedule for centipede in one of my old books. It's amazing how little fertlilizer that grass needs. The real culprit is the weeds, niatodes and just junk. Roy

5. RAlmaroad

from SC

Oh yes, SCweedman: My neighbor has a mole problem. I told him about the bait and the very old trick about the juicy fruit chewing gum. He put out these gillotine looking traps. Here in Tennessee--well I have done it but not proud of it--put a tobacco balm on a nail near one of the tunnels covered it and punched the can. The gas seeped into the tunnels and killed the moles. The gass will not affect already growing grass but does kill any dormmant seed. You got any tricks that I could pass along to him. Thanks again, Roy

6. scweedman

No, just the traps

7. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

actually image applied at the wrong time will harm a lawn not terribly but yellowing and stunted growth. And the main weedkiller is atrazine but its an rup.