Totalled Truck In Accident

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Runner, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Well, it happened. Early last evening, I was involved in an accident, and my truck was totalled. As I signalled and began shifting lanes to the inside lane to prepare for a left hand turn, the guy that was behind me (quite a ways and in the right lane) must have been traveling at a pretty good clip. He began to come around me, I guess, because all I know is that I was hit from behind and spun around to face the other direction. Other than a goose egg on my head behind my left ear and a really sore neck, I think I'm o.k.. My truck, however, is a mess. The back is crushed in, the rear quarter is all bashed where he spun me around, the frame is all twisted up and has a broken spring shackle, and the bed is driven up against the cab. I LOVED that truck! A '97 GMC Sierra, 4X4 extended cab shortbox - loaded. 1 owner, and very well taken care of.:(

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

That stinks man. Sorry to hear about that. At least you are ok. I always worry about being hit by somebody else. For the most part you can control your driving style, but cant expect what other drivers will do.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

That stinks, very glad to hear you are ok. Let us know what you get next.

4. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, Runner, sorry about the accident. Glad you are alright !!!

5. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear that Runner. At least it happened now when you didnt have a trailer full of equipment behind you. I hope his insurance takes care of you.

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Wow, I was very sorry to read this. No matter how careful you are, you never know how the other guy is going to be driving. That sucks. With a good company name like Ground Control, you deserve to have things work out the best they can. ;)
    Please keep us updated.

7. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

Man! That sucks about the truck, but thank God you're fine! Whew! Trucks can be replaced.

What happened to the other driver? What kind of vehicle was he/she driving? Was it nighttime? Slippery?

Stick-NIne

8. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Runner,
    Sorry about your accident. Take it easy and hope you find a great new truck.

9. JohnyNCa

JohnyNCa LawnSite Member

Hi Runner
    Sorry to hear about your accident. My work trucked was hit a week ago as it was parked, some minor dent damage and flat tire and such but her blazer was totaled! She was trying to avoid a cat as she says...:dizzy: anyway cops came by and took down all her insurance info and later i found out she cancelled her insurance back in june! Man i cant believe these irresponsible drivers w/o insurance....so i feel for you. My insurance will take care of it but just the hassle of it all ticks me off...anyway life goes on and trucks are replaceable were not...good to hear no one was seriosuly injured...take care

10. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

Glad you're OK. You must have been wearing your seat belt.