Totally Re-Designed my Facebook Page

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by kirkmbrown2001, Jul 20, 2012.

1. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

Tony, I just re-read your post and I think I know where you are coming from. You think that if someone likes my page, that's it, they are automatically entered. That is not the case. Liking the page is step 1 of 2 to enter the sweepstakes. Step 1, like the page to reveal the form. Step 2, Complete the form, read the terms and conditions and acknowledge it, and then hit submit. THEN your entered.

This is the view of what you would see if you liked my page:

[​IMG]

*There are more terms than what is shown, it got cut-off

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

That didn't beat me up in any way, so no worries. It's complicated, somewhat obfuscated language and definitely worth a discussion, interpretations or otherwise.

I see where you are coming from, but what I am referring to specifically comes down to this banner's wording ("Like us" to enter our sweepstakes). I don't believe it would pass the FB smell test as it falls outside of their promotions and contest guidelines. I think you're confusing their guidelines where they say you can use the "Like" as a condition of entry, but you cannot use it as the entry. As you know and I know, you're not using it as the entry, but your wording indicates otherwise. Basically, change it to "Like us to find out how..." or whatever, but it can't be the mechanism, which even though you are using an app for the entry, it reads as the mechanism.

All of that said, do I think you'd pop up on their radar for this? I doubt it. But, as Greg pointed out, it just takes a competitor to be a pain in your rear. lol

Cheers,
    Tony

3. branchoutshrub

branchoutshrub LawnSite Member

Your page is very nice and colorful. I need to work on mine. Check it out www.branchoutshrub.com and then FB from there. I need idea, but I'm terrible at designing stuff

4. kirkmbrown2001

Done and Done! Changed the text from "Like Us to enter our sweepstakes" to "Like Us to reveal sweepstakes entry form"

Hopefully that will avoid confusion.

Thanks Tony!

5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Any time, Kirk. I hope the circuitous discussion of how we arrived there was helpful to others (besides us lol). The really short of it would have been to say, "Just add another word or two so you don't lose your page to the blackhole that is FB customer service.". :)

6. kirkmbrown2001

7. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great Kirk...you have skills man! !!

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Honestly, All I see is your logo and mug on the FB page. Looks super busy.

Where are the posts where your customers are interacting with the page?

9. kirkmbrown2001

The whole point of this sweepstakes is to have people interact more on my page. This will help drive up my likes and increase page visits. I post content on a regular basis. I just do mostly lawn care, so there isn't as much interaction as if I was posting landscape project photos.

10. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Regardless, It's extremely busy to me. Too much color, erratic to the eyes, etc......

Just calling it like I see it.