Tough Cell Phone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toroguy, May 2, 2000.

1. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I was grinding the grass build up off my blades. The build up that was removed ended up all over my jacket, turning it a lovely green. I decided to remove the dust I would beat the jacket against the stucco garage wall. It worked great. Then I remembered my cell phone was in my jacket pocket I had just smacked twenty times against the wall.<br>My Qualcomm phone survived, the battery popped off partially, and plug recepticle cracked, but a few adjustments later, it works fine.<p>That has my vote for quality.<p>I cast a vote in my direction...idiot

2. EDL

EDL LawnSite Member
    from MA

I have driven off a few times with a motorolla on the hood of the truck just to see it fly off behind me on the street it survived three times but the fourth one was not so lucky

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

My Nokia got run over last week. It fell off my trailer and was in the road for probably 45 minutes before I noticed it missing. It was still completely intact, but the LCD was cracked. It would still come on, you just couldn't see what you were doing.

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I keep my cell in my shirt pocket. Have dropped it so many times bending over. Finally tied a string to it and around my neck. Phone still works fine though. I agree they are very tough

5. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

My pager has been run over bye the walkbehinds twice. It has also sat on the road and watched cars go by. I think it's part basketball the way it bounces. <p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers

6. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

If Nokia, Qualcomm and motorola could only attach three blades and a 20 horse kohler...