Tough Economy= Lowballers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ted putnam, Feb 11, 2009.

1. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't know if any of y'all have experienced this yet but I got a cancel today that has been a customer of mine for almost 8 yrs now. He said he was canceling because he was offered a better price. I could hear the dread in his voice of being on the phone having this discussion with me. He didn't want to cancel because he knew I had provided outstanding service through the years( he even said so himself several times while on the phone with me) I told him I couldn't get in a price war with anyone so that part didn't matter but I asked him who it was. It was a NKOTB. I guess that's what made me mad more than anything. Usually it's the National chains pull that kind of Crap. I told him to keep my phone number in case things didn't work out. He said he definitely would and said "That's the thing, will the service be the same?" WTF do people want?.... Sorry, just had to VENT!

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

HE'LL BE BACK!!!!

Just make sure and raise the price another 10% when he does and tell him he has to start over at the "new customer price"! :cool2:

3. KACYDS

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear that, Ted. It sucks.

But like rod said, whenever someone quits and then calls me back, the price ALWAYS goes up, at least 10%.

4. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe he can't afford it any longer. I'd rather someone cancel services with their bill paid in full. Regardless, people come and go for a variety of reasons.

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

:
    :laugh: I'd sure like to. Thing is I'm so close to price with my main competition who is generally the lowest price in town(except TGCL) that he'd probably go with someone else. This guy must have offered one Helluva price to leave me......:wall...:realmad::realmad:PISSES ME OFF:realmad::realmad:

6. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Ted, sorry to hear. I had one of those just today too. Very scary. Funny, I get a few every year, but this year, I shudder when I get one.

What is a NKOTB?

7. KACYDS

He could afford it, it was a new kid, that appartly doesnt know anything about pricing, aka lowballer, and the old guy wanted to save a buck.:hammerhead:

8. KACYDS

New kid on the block.

9. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

New Kid on the Block!:hammerhead::hammerhead:

Sorry guys, I never really caught on to that, though I recently learned my wife had a teenage crush on Marky Mark...AKA Mark Wahlberg:laugh::laugh:

10. KACYDS

lol...............:laugh::laugh::laugh:

marky.jpg